Work for us
Working for Elmore Community Services is both rewarding and challenging. We are always looking for high calibre individuals to join the team.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before appyling for any role, as it will tell you how we will use any information you give to us.
Team Manager (0.8 WTE 12-month Fixed Term contract)
Hours, Salary and Location
- 30 hours per week, usually worked between 9 to 5, Monday to Friday. Occasional ‘on-call’ during evenings and weekends may be required, as caseworkers will sometimes need to support clients outside office hours.
- Salary £28,685 – £30,464 fte per annum dependent on relevant experience.
- Pension, with employer’s contribution rising to 5% on completion of probationary period.
- 25 days (fte) annual leave, rising by one day each year of service to a maximum of 30 days (fte).
- Location – our office base is Cowley, Oxford OX4 3UT, and our services are Oxfordshire-wide. There will be some county-wide travel as part of the post.
- Cost of living increases are approved annually by the Board of Trustees subject to sufficient funding being available.
How To Apply
Please complete the application form below. We advise you to address the specific points of the person specification within your application or cover letter. It is very important that you say why you meet each criterion by using examples, and not simply stating that you have the experience.
Please also complete the equal opportunities form. This is optional but is very helpful, as it enables us to ensure our recruitment process is fair and is not inadvertently discriminating against any particular groups. The form will not be shared with the selection panel or used during the recruitment process.
Please return the completed documents, clearly noting which vacancy you are applying for by email to email@example.com. In light of the ongoing coronavirus crisis, we cannot currently accept applications by post.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for application: 21st March 2021, 10pm
Interviews will take place on: 29th March 2021
Elmore is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation, and marital status. Elmore treats all clients with respect and dignity, aiming to tailor support to individual needs and preferences. We constantly strive to involve service users in planning and evaluating our services.
Please be aware that until further notice, all Elmore staff are required to work from home in line with government guidelines on Covid-19. Our intention is to interview candidates via video-calling. Please do let us know if you would face difficulty interviewing by video.
We often have openings for volunteers in the team. You can email us here.
Or call the office on (01865 200130) to find out more.